Thursday, July 4, 2013

Review: Classical Conversations' PreScript Cursive Letters and Coloring



There seems to always be a debate whether or not to teach cursive handwriting in schools.  In our homeschool we do teach cursive handwriting.  I don't have my children write everything in cursive, but they do need to learn to write it and read it.  I was planning on starting my 2nd grader in cursive this fall then we received Classical ConversationsPreScripts Cursive Letters and Coloring for him to work through for a review and I am very pleased with this cursive writing book.  Along with the cursive writing letters there is included drawing and coloring.  

Letters and Coloring photo classicalConversations-lettersandcoloring_zpseefb78a5.gif
Only $12.99

PreScripts Cursive Letters and Coloring introduces children to the beginning of cursive writing and drawing.  Evan is a kid who loves to draw and color so practicing his cursive letters is just a bonus! The tracing with his finger and pencil helps with his fine motor skills.  Then he spends time coloring the pictures from medieval and modern world history.  He likes to search for the picture on the internet so he learns about the picture and how it should look.  Evan has struggled with some of the letters, but he is quite a perfectionist so he works really hard to try and get the letters just right.  I had him do four pages a day, four days a week.  That includes the upper and lower case letter, a drawing page and one of the coloring pages.  

PreScripts Cursive Letters and Coloring is for children 3 to 7 which may seem a bit early to start cursive, but I have found that most of my children write better in cursive  then manuscript.  I don't think he I will have him write a whole lot in cursive right now, but this book has given him the beginning skills needed to keep working on it.   
 photo Disclaimer2_zpsff718028.gif







Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment