Thursday, July 11, 2013

P is for...Pursuing Meekness

I have discovered an area in my life that needs work, I know there are many areas I need to work on, but this is the one I'm going to focus now, Meekness. I want a meek and quiet spirit. None of us are naturally meek, but it is something Jesus has called us to be.

"Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth." Matt. 5:5

I stumbled upon Revive Our Hearts Radio Ministry online (we don't get the program in our area) and started reading through The Beauty of Meekness programs.  I was humbled and convicted.  Of coarse we all have areas we need to work on and I have found that meekness can be the root of most of those areas. 

At first I thought, meekness wasn't a quality I wanted.  It seemed to me that people who are meek are walked on.  If you look at a definition of meek you get; patient, long-suffering, spineless, compliant. That is exactly what I thought.  Now let's look at the Bible's definition of meekness from the Easton's Bible Dictionary.  Meekness-"a calm temper of mind, not easily provoked (James 3:13)".  That is what I want.  Believe me I have to remind myself daily usually many times a day to be meek. Thankfully, the Holy Spirit has joined me in this challenge.  

                                       A heart of meekness....

No comments:

Post a Comment