Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Q is for...Quiet Time

Quiet time hasn't always been important to me or maybe I should say it wasn't something I made a priority. Over the last few weeks I have worked really hard to have quiet time.  And I have learned a few things; the day goes a lot smoother when I spend time with God first, it makes me feel blessed and I will no longer start my day without God!!!

I don't really have everything figured out, but right now I quiet time begins with the book Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, which has been a great blessing. I follow my pastor Kyle Idleman's #Adorationprayers, which he posts on his Facebook page. I write them down in my journal and the sermon notes, scriptures and prayers. I just started a 30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge through Revive Our Hearts. Doing these simple things EVERY day makes me feel so much better. 
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;

    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”
                                     Psalms 46:10
"Let us then approach Gods throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."            Hebrews 4:16



No comments:

Post a Comment