Saturday, March 27, 2010

"Sixteen Candles"

I absolutely love the movie "Sixteen Candles."  It is amazing how watching one movie can take me back 21 years!!!  I can so relate to Sam's feelings for Jake.  I was "in love" with Steve since I was 12 years old (he was 17).  I remember the feeling I got the day he came over and asked me out for the first time (I was 17, he was 21).  It was March 17, 1989, I truly never believed that would happen.  My favorite since of the movie is at the end when Jake is standing across the street from the church waiting for Sam!!!!  Makes me want to go back in time about 21 years ago........

2 comments:

  1. ahhh... how sweet! I remember the good ole days when you first went out with steve... the stars in your eyes! :)

    That was the BEST part of the movie... that wave & that smile ... jake ryan... had every teenage girl wrapped around his finger! haha!

    ReplyDelete