My first look at Mammoth Math was when we were asked to review some of their products. I think MAMMOTH Math is a great name for this publisher since they offer tons of math options. Mammoth Math offers affordable math "worktext" and workbooks for grades 1-12. There five different options:
- Complete Curriculum (Light Blue Series) is a full elementary mathematics curriculum. They have grades 1-6.
- Books by Topic (Blue Series) there are "worktext" (like a workbook and textbook combined). Each Blue unit focuses on a few topics for example; addition & subtraction, place value, clock, measuring, money, multiplication, division, geometry, fractions, decimals, ratios, percent, integers, and so on.
- Worksheets by topics (Green Series) workbooks, or worksheet collections, each one covers a different mathematical topic (such as geometry, integers, statistics, or measuring. Each book spans several grade levels on the same topic.
- Real-Life Math contains problem situations taken from real-life. For example; cell phone plans, autism, population growth, credit cards etc. As they work through this real-life problem they use their math skills that apply to real-life situations.
- Worksheets by grade (Golden Series) this series is are worksheets for grades 3-8(9), having of two parts (A and B) for each grade. Each workbook consists over a variety of topics. There are 120-150 sheets per grade.
I when I looked through their website I had a hard time choosing which one I wanted to use. I finally decided on Mammoth Math Seventh Grade Worksheets (Pre-Algebra) I thought these would come in handing with teaching my 6th grade daughter the basics of algebra before she actually got started with it next fall. The Pre-Algebra was much more in depth then I expected and it was way over her head. All wasn't lost though, I decided it would be a great opportunity to work with my ninth grade daughter who is taking Algebra, who has been struggling. You can check out sample pages here, Book A content . Book A & B plus the teacher key download can be ordered for only $14.95
Topics covered in books A & B
- The Language of Algebra
- Solving One-Step Equations
- Factors and Fractions
- Rational Numbers
- Equations and Inequalities
- Proportion and Percent
- Statistics and Graphs
- Right Triangles
We worked through the worksheets everyday to help her understand the concepts better or to review them. The lay out is very easy to work with. The topics covered are typically from 7th - 8th grade math. These are just worksheets there are no lessons. I really liked the format and think this is a good way to help you child with their math no matter where they are in their math journey. I am considering using some of these to work during the summer.