Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Preparing to Say Goodbye

Pappaw with his granddaughters 
Preparing to lose a loved one is never easy, but it's really hard when your children are seeing it for the first time. My father-in-law, who he is 90 years old, has been ill for the last several months. He was in and out of the hospital and a nursing home during October and November, then in December they finally sent him home. Since he has been there he has been bed ridden and having good days and bad days. Here recently there has been more bad days then good. He has been less lucid everyday. They finally have made the very hard decision to bring in Hospice.

So, how do you prepare children to see the end of their grandfather's life? I thank God that he loves The Lord and has a strong faith. I thank him for showing my children God's love through his life. I thank him for raising a wonder man of God I get to call my husband. I thanks him for loving his family more then anything else in the world. How much easier it is to let go of someone when you know you will see them again one day. So much easier!!!

God will give the children strength through this, He will let them see just a glimpse of heaven through the love of Pappaw's life.

The scripture below is what my 14 year old daughter tweeted after we talk about things this morning.

"May your unfailing love be my comfort,
according to your promise to your servant."
Psalm 119: 76
He is already at work!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm very sorry for your family's loss, friend. But what an amazing legacy he leaves behind.

    ReplyDelete