Monday, February 18, 2013

Hoping to Encourage You

It never fails, EVERY school day someone says, "I don't like ____________________!"(insert any subject you want.).  It is so frustrating when they do this.  Don't they know how hard I work picking out curriculum, doing their lesson plans and grading their papers?  I can be a bit defeating when I hear them complain.

I do ALWAYS correct them with, "This is the job God has for you." or "This is one thing God wants from you."  I guess I'm trying to take the pressure off myself and put it one someone else.

Well, this morning it was like a smack in the face.  As I sat and listen to my daughter say, "I don't like any of my subjects," I thought this is exactly what God heard from me this morning before my feet even hit the floor, "I don't like teaching school" I have also thought "I don't like doing lesson plans." or "I don't like being responsible for their education"  Isn't this what God has for ME to do?  Isn't this what he wants from me?  Isn't this what he has called me to, placed on my heart???  The answer is yes!!!

Sometimes I think my kids needs an attitude adjustment, but I think God thinks the same thing about me.  I can hear him say, "Hey, this is what you have been called to do, this is what I WANT YOU TO DO."

As homeschool moms we always could use a little encouragement.  Let me try and be that for you today.  It is hard at times, but very rewarding.

The things that keep me going:
 "For where your treasure is, therefore your heart will be also."                Matthew 6:21

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

"Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord." Ephesians 6:4

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.  These commandments that I give you today are to be on your heart.  Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.  Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.  Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.  Deuteronomy 6:5-9

    
The time I get to spend with my kids is priceless.
Knowing that God's hand is on this, crazy endeavor. 
Watching my children learn something new.
Seeing  my 7 year old's excitement when he gets to learn about animals.
Knowing my kids friends. 
2 week family vacations to the beach in October!
Working in God's Plan for my family.
Knowing that we are almost 9 years down and ONLY 11 years to go.  Almost half way there!!  LOL

I hope the confession of a humbled homeschool Mama help you when you are questioning your calling!!




1 comment:

  1. Fantastic post Dana! I love how you share your struggles in an honest and real way. This is something every mom can relate to! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete