10. Safety! That wasn't a thought back in 2003 when we started this journey, but after several years of seeing the horrible things that happen in this fallen world I see it is a GREAT reason to homeschool.
9. Family time! We are able to spend so much time together as a family this way. As it has turned out Steve's work schedule is great for a homeschooling family. He works 7 days then he is off 7 days, the days he works his hours are 2:00 pm- 12:00 am. That way his is with us during our school time. Also, I think I have been able to develop great relationships with all the kids. We talk about everything!!! We also get to take LONG vacations usually when most other people are in school!!
8. Friends. That was a concern when we started, "Maybe they won't have any friends." As it turns out we have very social kids and they have LOTS of friends. The older two are always hanging out with their fellow homeschoolers. I have also made lots of friends (not that I really wanted any :)). I have great friends who are a great support system to me.
7. I can teach my children what I think is important, I can teach them from a Biblical perspective. EVERY book we use has scripture through out!!!
6. God called me to homeschool. When I wasn't expecting it I hear the call and today, nine years later, I'm so glad we listened.
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates."
These are the best five reasons to homeschool...