Sunday, December 16, 2012

Letting Go and Letting God

As a Momma to a 16 year old son I am experiencing the challenge of letting go!!  I have always known that they need to gain their independence and that it is important in their development and getting to adulthood, but it is so hard to let go.

Tyler is a great kid, very respectful, trustworthy and dependable.  I don't really have an issue with trusting him or anything like that, but I know that my time with him here at home is really short and I'm starting to have issues.

He has recently gotten his drivers license and handing over the keys is really hard.  I find myself very fearful and anxious about him while he is out on his own.  I actually found myself on my knees the other evening.  He was on his way to our church (about a 20 minute drive) at rush hour for a youth mission project with my oldest daughter.  The fear crept up on me unexpectedly. It was a moment when I found myself humbled before God asking for His total protection.  I pray protection over all of my children daily, but this was a moment when I realized that I have no power over anything.

God has given us these five children to raise, His five children and I am called to raise them up in Him.  Teach them to love Him, follow Him and obey Him.  We have strived to do just that and see those things in Tyler, but ultimately God is in total control.  His Way will always be above my ways.  I am so glad to know that when Tyler is out and about I'm not in control of anything, but God is holding him in His hand and where do we find protection, but in the Hand's of God!!


No comments:

Post a Comment