Monday, August 5, 2013

S is for...Steve


Steve, who has been the man of my dreams since I was 12 years old, just read my diary (please don't). I do believe that God showed me at 12 the man He chose for me!  

The man who would five years later ask me out for our first date.
 The man who would give me butterflies every time I saw him. 
The man who would one day ask me to marry him three years earlier than we "planned".  
The man who would give me five children.
 The man who would love me "like Christ loves the church."  
The man who would provide for me in every way possible. The man who would make me the happiest girl in the world. 

From the moment I fell head over heels in love with him I felt like I was living in a fairy tale. Our love story, I thought, was like a dream. From the time I was 12 I knew I would one day marry him!  It wasn't a problem for me that he was 5 years older. So, on March 16, 1989 when he came to ask me out for that first date I was shocked, thrilled beyond words, but shocked. That's when the fairy tale began. I had to be the luckiest girl alive!!! 

Here we are 24 years after that first date and almost 21 years of marriage.  I love him more today then that 12 year old girl could have even imagined. He makes me feel loved every day. Of course, we have our moments like everyone does, but our fairy tale continues. 
                   
 Happy 21st Anniversary, Steve...and they continue to live, Happily Ever After!!!

Wow, have we changed!!!

3 comments:

  1. Visiting you for the first time (blog hopping!) and wow, what a beautiful story!! This just made me smile.
    I have almost the opposite way I met my true love...I had to wait...and wait...and wait. lol Didn't meet him until I was 30! But he was worth waiting for. So glad you found yours so early...and so amazing that you knew since you were 12!

    Hope you'll stop over - I am just now getting back to blogging again and stared a new one. I have two daughters and am a homeschooling mom. :)

    ReplyDelete