Thursday, November 25, 2010

I am Thankful for.....

“And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” – Colossians 3:17


What am I thankful for…..
I know a God who loves me no matter what I do!!! I find myself so far from Him right now that I am thankful that he still loves me!! I pray that I get closer and find joy in Him always.
“Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!”  Psalms 66:20

My children know that same God!! I have to strengthen my relationship with Him in order to help my children see it. They need to be closer too.
“May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.” Psalms 19:14


For Steve, his love and his desire to provided. Steve is an example of the blessings that God has given me. I think every day that Steve was an answered prayer from a 12 year old girl.

For Tyler, his love and his funny personality. I am getting so old, my kids are growing up way to fast. Tyler is old enough to decide when and if he gets his hair cut.

For Samantha, her “not at all like me” attitude and her mothering instincts. She can so be a challenge, but I have to remind myself that she is JUST LIKE ME!! She is so good with the little kids; we call her Evan’s mommy #2!

For Caroline, her sweet spirit and her “just like Daddy” personality. She is a lot like her dad, but she has gotten some of my qualities too. She has some issues that I had at her age and I pray that she can overcome them. I am so sad she has to deal with these things, but at least I can help her through them.

For Jack, his ability to cope when things get hard and his “I love my mom” kiss. Wow, what a sad month it has been. Jack being diagnost with diabetes what not something I ever would have expected. We do know that of all the kids he is probably the one who will handle it the best!! He is doing so well; I just can’t believe that this has happened…

PRAY FOR A CURE!!!! “Hear my prayer, O God; listen to the words of my mouth.” Psalms 54:2

For Evan, his I want it now (and you should give it to me) attitude and that he wants to be my baby forever. Why is he so darn cute??? That really causes us trouble. He is very demanding, but he has been able to train his “pet monkey” Tyler well!!  We found out today that he needs his tonsils out (REALLY)!!! I am thankful for reaching our deductable before Jack’s diagnosis and Evan’s operation!!!! (Insurance company may not feel that way)

For parents that are ALWAYS there whenever I need them. It’s true that you worry about your kids even when they are adults, but it is also true that you worry about your parents even when you grow up. Both of my parents have diabetes and I am praying for them to get theirs under control now that Jack is dealing with it. Wish we had done more as a family to help cure diabetes all the years!!

For In-Laws who always want to help out, with time or advice. So thankful that when God blessed me with Steve he also blessed me with in-laws that love my children. I know they do and I know that they only want what is best for them.

For a brother and sister who love me even though I’m not always loveable and for marrying well!! I may not talk to either of them as often as I should, but they both mean the world to me.

For God making me come out of my “cave” and make friends.
“This is what the LORD says— you’re Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go”. Isaiah 48:17

I am thankful for the co-op (sort of), but that is where I have made all my friends (so have the kids). There is nothing like two weekends a year away with your friends!!  Thankful that I can pray for my friends that are hurting and many of them are.
“A psalm of David. LORD, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief.” Psalm 143:1

For allowing a disease in our family that we already know a lot about. Honestly, if one of my children had to be diagnosis with a disease diabetes is a good one. IT IS LIFE AULTERING NOT LIFE THREATING!!! We do already know A LOT about it, since my family has been dealing with it for 32 years, but now it is up-close and personal. “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.” Colossians 4:2

For the researchers who are trying to make the lives of those with diabetes better and longer. Thankful that there are clinical trials out there that we can get involved in so that they can learn more about the disease and try to improve the lives of those affected. Jack and I are each trying to get into two different trials.


I am thankful that God has allowed all of these people in my life. I am so richly blessed and often forget that I am.

2 comments: