Monday, May 13, 2013

I is for... Intentional Disciple





Before I get started let me say, I left church Sunday with a severe limp!!  Being Mother's Day the sermon was for Mothers, but take my word for it it wasn't a lot of fluff!!!!  I don't know how many times they stepped on my toes, but "Ouch!!!"

If you are brave :) here is a link to watch the sermon.
 A Mother's Legacy by Dave Stone and Kyle Idleman


"A Mother's Legacy is her Children."  Kyle Idleman


The Webster's Dictionary definition for Intentional Disciple
  •  intentional-done purposely
  • disciple-a pupil or follower of any teacher

So a Intentional Disciple is someone who follows Christ with purpose. 
As a mother I should be an intentional disciple, I should keep the big picture in mind.  I should remember we are raising them to release them.  I should be a calming presence.  I should have sincere faith that is loved into them.  All of this needs to be modeled in the home, they are WATCHING!!!

"But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith."
     1 Timothy 1:5

"These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates."                               Deuteromony 6:6-9


Dear Lord, 
I pray today and everyday that I am an INTENTIONAL DISCIPLE!!!  That I am living it out load in my home with my children.  Help me be positive and proactive.  Help me show them God's Word through my actions and love!  Thank you, Jesus, for these beautiful children you have blessed me with.  Help me be a blessing to them as well.                  In Your Beautiful Name, Amen!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment